Wednesday, January 27, 2021

To the Land of Long Lost Friends

No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Book 20
by Alexander McCall Smith (read by Lisette Lecat)
 
 To the Land of Long Lost Friends  By  cover art

I so enjoy this series. Maybe it is because I listen to it rather than reading it and instead of having a panoply of characters who all speak with a distinct US accent (because that is how all characters sound in my head),  I have a cast of characters who sound as if they might actually be from Botswana.  Narrator Lisette Lecat was born in South Africa. Not only is her accent spot on but her reading pace matches that of the book, slow and deliberate. Her voice brings these books to life; she is the perfect narrator. I love the peace and tranquility, a book filled with kind, giving people. I love the slow, meandering pace that eventually brings everything to a satisfying conclusion. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.