Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Death in Damascus

 

By Karen Baugh Menuhin (read by Sam Dewhurst-Phillips)
 
Death in Damascus  By  cover art

This is book 4 in the Heathcliff Lennox series.

Wow, I enjoyed this so much better than I did book three -- but you can't really skip book three because it sets up book four. Fun story, fast paced and Lennox is back in character -- a 30-year old prude, shy/clumsy around women and very much an introvert who is much happier at home but oh so good at getting murders to reveal themselves in the "round up all of the suspects in the lounge for the denouement" scene.

Which brings me to my problem with the narrator: Sam Dewhurst-Phillips has a deep gravelly voice; he makes Lennox sound 60, not 30. How many 30 year olds have gravelly voices?

So, solid three stars for this one. 
 
P.S. I love the cover art.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.