Friday, January 15, 2021

Broken Homes

 

By Ben Aaronovitch (read by Kobna Holdbook-Smith)
 
Broken Homes  By  cover art

Book Four: Rivers of London

I don't remember how I got hooked on this series but hooked  I am.  Some of it had to do with the narrator,  Kobna Holdbrook-Smith, who is amazing. He moves seamlessly from regional British accent to regional British accent  to patois to American accent to German. He has one of the best American accents I have heard. He is definitely on my list of "you can read me the phonebook" audio performers.

But, it is not just the reader, it is the story and the writing, too. The stores are complicated and deep without being heavy. The characters are complicated and believable. Well, not entirely believable because this is fantasy, after all.

Four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.