Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder

 

by Dianne Freeman (read by Sarah Zimmerman)
 


A cozy mystery, first in a series.

I picked this one up in an Audible sale. One of my bookish buddies had read it and so I grabbed it.

There are somethings that are driving me crazy.  A narrator who doesn't know how to pronounce Haverhill--it is two syllables and not three - hay-vrill. An MC who is supposedly smart but makes stupid choices -- like agreeing to send her daughter to visit the in-laws who are suing her. But I am trying to ignore the stupidities and focus on the mystery.

In spite of the stupidities, this turned out to be an enjoyable, cozy read. When the murderer was revealed, I never saw it coming. If more in the series end up in the sale pile, I may well buy more of them.

A solid 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.