Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Looking Forward to 2021

 
 
The year 2021 is going to be a good year for reading, or at least for my reading. 
 
As usual, I have no specific reading plan for the year. I will continue with the Agatha Christie read and with the BL games that I have been playing for the last few years. I hope to spend my 24 annual Audible credits wisely and well and I hope to once again break the 200 book barrier and maybe even .

The new Audible Plus Catalog of free reads will help. They have plenty of the kinds of  stories that I like to read but don't want to spend credits on. It is like having a library card but with more choices.
 
This might be the year that I finally read all three volumes of Master of the Senate and get to the last two volumes of the the Mark Twain Autobiography. There will also be more Discworld, more Inspector Ian Rutledge, more Walt Longmire and a few other newer series that I stumbled into this past year. And I will continue to avoid horror, dystopia, dysfunctional families, self-help, vampires, zombies,  graphic violence and all the other stuff that is not my idea of an enjoyable read. Bring on the brain candy.

Nonetheless, for one who claims to have no reading plans for the coming year, I have been stocking up on titles found in the Audible sale piles and I have been hoarding them, waiting for the new year to dive into my newest acquisitions. Not including Plus Catalog titles, here is what is waiting for me...
 
The Map That Changed the World  By  cover artHeroes  By  cover artA Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder  By  cover artThe Mysterious Mr. Quin  By  cover artFoundryside  By  cover artTo the Land of Long Lost Friends  By  cover artBroken Homes  By  cover artA Test of Wills  By  cover artOn Her Majesty's Frightfully Secret Service  By  cover artSalt, Fat, Acid, Heat  By  cover artI Contain Multitudes  By  cover artThe Medici  By  cover artChurchill  By  cover artRocket Boys  By  cover artThe Blank Slate  By  cover artNudge  By  cover artThe Mote in God's Eye  By  cover artThe Lost Man  By  cover artWashington's End  By  cover artDeath in Damascus  By  cover art
The Curse of Braeburn Castle: Halloween Murders at a Scottish Castle  By  cover art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.