Tuesday, November 3, 2020

24 Festive Tasks: Dia de los muertos

 
 

Square Fifteen

 

 

*Book: Reread a favorite book by a deceased author or from a finished series, or read a book set in Mexico or a book that either has a primarily black and white cover or all the colors (ROYGBIV) on the cover, or a book featuring zombies.
 
 
 
 


 Dead Cert 
 by Dick Francis       
 
 
Any of the titles written by DF (except the ones written with or by his son Felix) would fit here and so it was a lucky thing that this is the one I was reading when the game began on November 1st. Dead Cert was his first of almost 40 books.


*Task 1: Create an epitaph for the worst book you read in 2020.
 


"Gone -- and forgotten"
 
 
The epitaph this year goes to the narrator of P.G. Wodehouse's Summer Lightning who did such a poor job choosing the voicing of some of  the characters in the story (and of course they were key actors in the story). I was so annoyed by the incomprehensible nonsense  and key conversations that I could not understand that I just finally through in the towel. The only upside was that it was a freebie from Audible Plus


*Task 2: Have some Mexican food!

Thank you!  Don't mind if I do. DH loves it. It was fish tacos for dinner. I used salmon for the fish. Delicious. I forgot to take pictures -- and I haven't figured out how to post them on GR anyhow. 
 
 
 
 Dead Cert: By Dick Francis (Unabridged Audio Book 8cds): Dick Francis, read  by Tony Britton: 9781408484128: Amazon.com: Books  Summer Lightning  By  cover art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.