Monday, November 16, 2020

24 Festive Tasks: Calan Gaeaf

 

Square Nine


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Book: Read any of your planned Halloween Bingo books that you didn’t end up reading after all, involving witches, hags, or various types of witchcraft; or read a book with ivy or roses on the cover, or where a character’s name / the title of book is / has Rose or Ivy in it.

The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett (read by Stephen Briggs)

The Wee Free Men  By  cover art 

 I just picked this one from the Audible 3 for 2 Sale in the hopes that I would be able to read it as part of 24 Festive Tasks. At the same time, I found out that most of the Pratchett books that were previous available on AudibleUS, are no longer available. Glad I bought what I did and hoping that Audible will get the problems straightened out soon.


Task 1: Make a dish with leeks.

This would be a disaster. I've never cooked with them before. I don't know how to shop for them. I don't know how to prepare them for cooking. I don't know how to cook them.


Task 2: One Calan Gaeaf tradition involves single women peeling an apple skin and throwing it over their shoulder, believing that the shape it made when it lands will reveal the first initial of their true love:


Pick a fictional character (male or female) who is single or who is involved in a never-ending or otherwise thoroughly bothersome / annoying love triangle. Peel an apple, throw it over your shoulder, and take a picture with a caption with your guess at what letter is formed, using the initials of another character in the same book / series / world who will turn out to be the first character’s true love, or the hero(ine) in shining armour rescuing the first character from their love triangle.

I have to bow out this one as well. The only romance I read these days are the Georgette Heyer Regency romances that I have been reading for years and triangles aren't really her thing --thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.