Tuesday, August 31, 2021

The Nine Tailors

 

by Dorothy L. Sayers (read by Ian Carmichael)
Library Loan


Title details for The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers - Available


At last I was able to get my hands on this book
 
Oh, my goodness, did I enjoy this book. All twists and turns.  It was so good and so enjoyable that I don't want to say anything about the plot because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. The narrator was wonderful -- especially when he had to read the bell by bell ringing of the "Nine Tailors" -- yes, the Nine Tailors are the 9 bells in the church tower -- and major players in this tale.

The Nine Tailors was the March, 2021 side-read for the Christie Centenary read which I have been doing with a group of friends from the old BookLikes website (now convened on GoodReads). It wasn't available on Audible but when I finally joined the library, I was able to borrow it.

Definite a four star read. I really wish that I had more access to Dorothy L. Sayer titles on audio.

Halloween Bingo: Genre: Mystery,  Amateur Sleuth,  Vintage Mysteries,  Cozy Mystery, Murder Most Foul, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.