Friday, August 20, 2021

A Bad Day for Sunshine

 

by Darynda Jones (read by Lorelei King)
Book 1: Sunshine Vicram
Library loan • Suggested by a BL buddy
 
 
A Bad Day for Sunshine Audiobook By Darynda Jones cover art


Harlequin romance + police procedural + YA with a bit of supernatural thrown in for good measure

One of the reviews I read called this a "cheesy romance" and they were spot on.  But, dang, I read right through to the last page and will probably  read the next book in the series if it ever becomes available  at the library -- and if at that point I still remember that I want to read it.

In spite of the cheesy romance and the teen angst, Jones plots a good mystery -- and that is what kept my attention. I want to know who kidnapped the MC when she was seventeen and I want to know who the father of her daughter is.  I liked the spunk of the main character, even if I found her somewhat unbelievable -- county sheriff at age 33??

Solidly just under three stars
 
Fun cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.