Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May, 2022 Reads

 

 

YTD:  102 Books Read, 1019 Hours Spent
Goal: 100 books and 1500 hours

This Month: 17 Books Read, 190 Hours Spent
 

 

 

 

“I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day. When it’s cold outside, I’ve got the month of May.” – Smokey Robinson

For some strange reason, such as lack of an original thought, I decided to use a quote for the header this month. I found a website offering 100 quotes for me to choose from and started skimming. It was no contest. The background music to my high school years was Beatles and Motown and "My Girl" was top of the charts; they always bring a smile to my heart -- and a worm to my ear.

I can't believe just how quickly May flew by. I spent a good part of the month bingeing on Louise Penny and the rest of the month trying to figure out what I did want to read. My reads took me all over the place -- Canada, Wyoming, London, Japan, Morocco and even Cloud Cuckoo Land. I finished every book I started. I do note, however, that there was absolutely no non-fiction in the mix this month, not even a few lectures from the Egypt series I started back in February. All in all, it was a good month and I am looking forward to June, with absolutely no idea where my reading adventures will be taking me.

 

Favorite reads: The Bartender's Tale & The Lyre of Orpheus
Least favorite: Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish & The Library of the Unwritten

 

 

Cards on the Table --  Agatha Christie  --  NEW75
The Thin Man  --  Dashiell Hammett  --  Re-read
The Nature of the Beast  --  Louise Penny  --  NEW76
The Great Reckoning  --  Louise Penny  --  NEW77
Glass Houses  --  Louise Penny  --  NEW78
The Kingdom of the Blind  --  Louise Penny  --  NEW79
A Better Man  --  Louise Penny  --  NEW80
All the Devils Are Here  --  Louise Penny  --  NEW81
The Madness of Crowds  --  Louise Penny  --  NEW82
Mrs. Polifax and the Whirling Dervish  --  Dorothy Gilman  --  NEW83
The Library of the Unwritten  --  A.J. Hackwith  --  NEW84
Cloud Cuckoo Land  --  Anthony Doerr  --  NEW85
The Bartender's Tale  --  Ivan Doig  --  NEW86
The Anodyne Necklace   --  Martha Grimes  --  NEW87
The Cat Who Saved Books  --  Sosuke Natsukawa  --  NEW88
Tales from the Folly  --  Ben Aaronovitch  --  NEW89
The Lyre of Orpheus  --  Robertson Davies  --  NEW90

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.