Monday, January 31, 2022

January, 2022 Reads



A most(ly) enjoyable month of reading. I spent time with two most estimable and accomplished women. I visited ancient Egypt and crossed the Atlantic with Monty Bodkin. I solved crimes with Vera Stanhope, Roddy Alleyn, Hercule Poirot Peter Wimsey, Philip Marlowe and two different art historians. On the other hand, I DNFed two books this month, one because it was way too ugly and the other because the narrator was insufferable. C'est la vie!

Best books of the month, I never thought I would say it, but the three memoirs that I read: Katherine Johnson, Justice Sotomayor and the Howard brothers.

Quotes of the month: "Books heal everything." (The Reading List) and "You don't have to understand life, you just have to live it." (I don't remember what book I was reading when I scribbled it down.)

 

YTD:  21 Books Read, 205 Hours Spent
Goal: 100 books and 1500 hours
 
This Month: 21 Books Read, 205 Hours Spent

 

 

Death of a Fool --  Ngaio Marsh  --  NEW1
My Remarkable Journey  --  Katherine Johnson  --  NEW2
Three Act Tragedy  --  Agatha Christie  --  NEW3
The Boys  --  Ron Howard & Clint Howard  --  NEW4
The 7½  Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle  --  Stuart Turton  --  NEW5
The High Window  --  Raymond Chandler  --  NEW6
All the Lonely People  --  Mike Gayle  --  NEW7
LATW: 8  --  Dustin Lance Black --  NEW8
Great Courses: The History of Ancient Egypt  --  Bob Brier  --  NEW9
The Darkest Evening  --  Ann Cleeves  --  NEW10
Telling Tales  --  Ann Cleeves  --  NEW11
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek  --  NEW12  --  DNF (too ugly)
My Beloved World --  Sonia Sotomayor   --  NEW13
The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (Dramatized)  --  Dorothy L. Sayers  --  NEW14
The Reading List  --  Sara Nisha Adams --  NEW15
Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos  --  Donna Andrews  --  NEW16
The Luck of the Bodkins  --  P.G. Wodehouse  --  NEW17
The Raphael Affair  --  Iain Pears  --  NEW18
The Van Gogh Deception  --  Deron Hicks  --  NEW19
Sex on the Moon  --  Ben Mezrich  --  NEW20  DNF (horrible, insufferable narration)
The Dictionary of Lost Words  --  Pip Williams  --  NEW21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.