Monday, January 10, 2022

2021 Reading List: December

 

I did not make my reading goal this year.  I was 3 books short. I would have made it if I had not gone on vacation halfway through December.  Never-mind. It was still a good month for reading.  It began with a bang. Two re-reads for the Christie Centenary Read. Went over some rough ground with The Present and The Big Bang -- two authors I won't be revisiting.  Doesn't matter. Deacon King Kong, Writing the Bible, Wait for Signs and even the two I read by Matt Haig more than made up for up for the rough spots. Two DNFs this month. The Mickey Spillane was an unfinished manuscript finished by another author and the other was a P.G. Wodehouse that I do plan to return to in 2022. All things considered, December was a bookishly good month and 2021 was a bookishly satisfying year.

I am very far behind on reviewing books, to the point of not remembering what I read and not remembering if I like it or not. Doubt I will catch up. I'd rather read than write.


December: 15 Books Read, 108 Hours Spent
2021:  197 Books Read, 1744 Hours Spent



Murder on the Orient Express  --  Agatha Christie -- Re-read
An English Murder -- Cyril Hare -- Re-read
The Present -- Jay Martel -- NEW121
Hercule Poirot's Christmas -- Agatha Christie -- NEW122
Wait for Signs -- Craig Johnson -- NEW123
The Midnight Library -- Matt Haig -- NEW124
Dead Heat -- Dick Francis -- Re-read
Writing the Bible -- Martien Halvorson-Taylor -- NEW125
Deacon King Kong -- James McBride -- NEW126
Anarchy and Old Dogs -- Colin Cotterill -- NEW127
Hogfather -- Terry Pratchett Re-read
How to Stop Time -- Matt Haig -- NEW128
The Big Bang -- Mickey Spillane & Max Allan Collins -- NEW129 DNF
The Moving Target -- Ross McDonald -- NEW130
The Luck of the Bodkins -- P.G. Wodehouse -- NEW131 DNF
 
 
 
 
Best Book of the Month

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.