Saturday, October 9, 2021

Lord Edgware Dies

 

by Agatha Christie (read by Hugh Fraser) c. 1934
Agatha Christie Centenary Celebration read
 
 
Lord Edgware Dies First Edition Cover 1933.jpg
 

aka Thirteen for Dinner

Poirot, Hastings and Japp team up once again to solve the murder of Lord Edgware. Absolutely delightful. I thought I had it figured out in the first chapter. From the cast of characters, it seemed obvious where the book was going. But then I fell into the trap and let myself be lead astray, forgetting that in a mystery deception is key and the narrator not necessarily trustworthy. Kept me guessing until the last minute. So much better than some of the first dozen we read.

I'm giving this one four stars.

P.S. With this read, we now enter the second year of our five and a half year Agatha Christie Centenary Celebration read on Good Reads. This is book number 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.