Sunday, July 25, 2021

Once Upon a River

 

by Diane Setterfield (read by Juliet Stevenson)
Library loan
 
 
Once Upon a River Audiobook By Diane Setterfield cover art

 
 

Thanks to Mike Finn for this one

Another case of the perfect marriage of tale and narrator. The story is one of those that seems to  swirls around in the mist, making Juliet Stevenson's foggy voice  the perfect choice.  As I started listening to this book, the first word that came to mind was "lyrical"  and I was slowly but surely drawn into the mist and the magic of what I was hearing. 

I doubt that I would have ever chosen this book if it weren't for a review written by one of my bookish buddies, Mike Finn. It isn't often that our reading taste cross but when they do,  I know that I have found a story that I will enjoy.

Four stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.