Sunday, October 1, 2023

September, 2023 Month in Review

 

Goal: 100 books and 1500 hours
YTD: 178 Books Read, 1543 Hours Spent
September: 18 Books Read, 154 Hours Spent

Numbers-wise, September was not a great month for reading.  I spent 11 nights on the road this month  and I find it hard to read at my normal pace when I am traveling. On the other hand, it is  Halloween Bingo time and at least I can say that I am making progress.

Time for the long view. Will I break 250? Can I read 70 books before I settle down to Hogfather on New Years Eve? It is doable but it is a real stretch and depends entire on what RL has in store for me over the next few weeks.Time will tell, I guess.

 

 

BEST OF THE MONTH: Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned; The Gift of Fire + On the Head of a Pin;  Known to Evil
WORST OF THE MONTH: Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead
MOST MORALLY CHALLENGED: Finlay Donovan
MOST READ AUTHOR OF THE MONTH: Walter Mosley
GOLDEN AGE CLASSICS I'VE BEEN WANTING TO READ: Castle Skull, The Poisoned Chocolate Case

 

ON HOLD AT THE LIBRARY

The Road to Roswell, placed July 14 , 2th in line (was 13th), 10 people waiting on 2 copies. Will I get it in time for HB?
•  The Museum of Ordinary People, placed Aug 23. (16 week wait). 16th in line. 16 people waiting on 2 copies.  A month later I am now 14th in line with a 14 week wait.
•  Lessons in Chemistry, placed Aug  23. (18 week wait) 506th in line (started at 524). 506 people waiting on 56 copies.  A month later I am now 457th in line with 16 weeks to go
•  The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store, placed August 23. (25 weeks). 73rd in line. 76 people waiting on 6 copies. A month later I am now 107th inline; please explain!
The Last Devil to Die, placed Sept 6 (several months). 84th in line (started 87). 9 copies in use. 105 people waiting.
•  My Murder, placed Sep 22 (9 weeks wait).  17th in line on 4 copies

 

THE BOOKS

AMATEUR SLEUTH: Lonesome Road  ~  Patricia Wentworth  ~  NEW148

PSYCH: Nerve  ~  Dick Francis  ~  Re-read

ARSENIC: Sparkling Cyanide  ~  Agatha Christie  ~  NEW149

MAGICAL REALISM: La hojarasca  ~  Gabriel Garcia Marquez  ~  NEW150

WILD CARD: The Irregulars  ~  Jennet Conant  ~  Re-read

GALLOWS HUMOR: Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead  ~  Elle Cosimano  ~  NEW151

GENRE MYSTERY: The House Sitter  ~  Peter Lovesey  ~  NEW152

LOCKED ROOM:  Castle Skull  ~  John Dickson Carr  ~  NEW153

DOWN UNDER: Sands of Windee  ~  Arthur W. Upfield  ~  NEW154

COZY MYSTERY: Evan's Gate  ~  Rhys Bowen  ~  NEW155

Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned  ~  Walter Mosley  ~  NEW156

GRIMM TALE:  The Gift of Fire + On the Head of a Pin  ~  Walter Mosley  ~  NEW157

DEM BONES:  Dying Fall  ~  Ellie Grffiths  ~  NEW158

DARK, DARK WOODS: Longshot ~ Dick Francis ~ Re-read

URBAN DECAY: Known to Evil ~ Walter Mosley ~ NEW159

DARKEST LONDON: The Poisoned Chocolates Case ~ Anthony Berkeley ~ NEW160

Falling Felines and Fundamental Physics ~ Gregory J. Gbur ~ NEW161

COUNTRY HOUSE: The Unfinished Clue ~ Georgette Heyer ~ Re-read

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.