Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Philosophy Book

by D-K Publishing (read by Jason Culp)
One of the Big Ideas Simply Explained series

The Philosophy Book  By  cover art


Life's too short. This one was DNF. My fault, I fear. I knew I should not have purchased it. Reading philosophy has been a perennial failure and I should have know better than to think that this attempt would be any different.

Nonetheless, it is not a bad book. It doesn't do a bad or even uninteresting job of explaining Philosophy. It just does lend itself to an audio edition. D-K is known for its highly visual style -- lots of pictures and few words. This series is not meant to be read in order; it is meant to seen, browsed and absorbed in bits and pieces. The visuals are as important to the content as the words.

Buy the book, buy the whole series -- just don't buy the audio edition!

 

books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.